ShoreTel Unified Communications is Music to the Ears for Roland
“We chose ShoreTel for its functionality, excellent phone quality, its flexible and reliable architecture, and the lowest TCO. ShoreTel has a knowledgeable technical team and offers great ongoing support. It’s truly an all-in-one solution.”
- Dave Williams, IT director, Roland Corporation U.S.
Roland Corporation U.S. is one of the newest ShoreTel customers, thanks to the brilliant simplicity of distributed architecture and ease of use.
Roland is known for its production of musical instruments including keyboards, synthesizers, guitar products, electronic percussion kits, digital recording equipment, amplifiers and audio processing devices. For four decades, Roland has set the global standards in music technology, and markets its products under a number of other brand names such as BOSS and Cakewalk.
The phones are always busy at Roland. From development to sales and support, communications is critical to the success of their business and its customers. Roland had been using a 3Com VCX phone system, yet the music company desired envisioned a more effective solution. With a lack of ongoing technical and product support and limited software integration, Roland needed to reduce the costs, complexities and risks of its business communications system.
Thus far the benefits include:
- Easy transition from discontinued 3Com VCX system to all-in-one UC
- Robust, flexible contact center solution for better service and productivity
- Simpler configuration and management for savings in administrative resources
- Flexibility for seamless integrations and trouble-free collaboration
- High availability VoIP with distributed architecture and simpler design
“Musicians everywhere know and trust Roland for precision, innovative design and quality. With ShoreTel’s superior product capabilities, Roland can continue to seamlessly communicate with customers, suppliers and other business partners – ensuring their reputation for quality musical gear is backed by a quality communication solution.”
- Kevin Gavin, ShoreTel chief marketing officer