SUNNYVALE, Calif., Sept. 22, 2010 – ShoreTel® (NASDAQ: SHOR), the leading provider of brilliantly simple IP phone systems with fully integrated unified communications (UC), today highlighted the results from the most recent Synergy Enterprise Voice Q2 2010 report:
- Fastest growing: Synergy data shows that ShoreTel is the fastest growing IP telephony vendor worldwide, based on Q2 revenues over Q1.
- Leads the industry in UC desktop deployments: ShoreTel continues to lead the industry as the No. 1 UC desktop vendor for small and midsize businesses.
- Top three suppliers in North America: For the second quarter in a row, ShoreTel is in the top three IP telephony suppliers in the United States, based on revenue.
QUOTES FROM THE SYNERGY REPORT:
- “ShoreTel has rapidly become successful in terms of market share and revenue growth and is regarded by most as a healthy company, even in these tough economic times, which adds to its allure.”
- “ShoreTel’s success in capturing market share in the SMB and now larger enterprise markets centers on product quality and simplicity (a single communications platform) and its development of a strong global indirect distribution channel.”
- “Over the past several quarters Synergy’s research has identified ShoreTel as the leading vendor in the global SMB voice marketplace.”
- “Although ShoreTel’s initial strength was in the SMB market, the company has been encroaching upon the larger enterprise market. Every new enterprise win will add credibility in this area.”
- “National partners, which are ATT, Qwest, Verizon, BlackBox and CDW, showed a solid 77 percent growth in volume fiscal year-over-year.”
- “We believe those vendors that are strong will be able to ride out the current situation and gain market share when spending improves.” Synergy has identified ShoreTel as one of these strong vendors.
ShoreTel also recently was named the Best IP Telephony Provider in the Nemertes PilotHouse Awards – Top Providers, IP Telephony 2010 for the seventh consecutive year. Like last year, ShoreTel was again ranked first in every category against every competitor .
In addition, the company recently initiated a major advertising campaign to call attention to an “Anti-Complexity Movement” that encourages business to reject the unnecessary and costly complexity that has become the norm for many vendors in enterprise communications.
“This Q2 2010 Synergy report validates that our ongoing commitment to product and service excellence continue to meet the communication and collaboration needs of our customers. ShoreTel continues to grow and capture market share because of our brilliantly simple approach to sophisticated IP-based communications. As more and more businesses emerge from the downturn, they are recognizing that upgrading their communications infrastructure is key to prospering in the highly competitive environment ahead, and that ShoreTel can give them the business agility they need.”
- Kevin Gavin, Vice President of Marketing, ShoreTel
“ShoreTel continues to successfully execute on its growth strategy in the Enterprise IP Telephony market. In Q2 2010, ShoreTel grew its U.S. revenues faster than any other vendor, faster than Avaya and four times faster than Cisco. Considering the size of their competitors and the state of the economy, ShoreTel is showing signs of remarkable strength and resiliency.”
- Jeremy Duke, Founder and Principal Analyst at Synergy Research Group.
About ShoreTel, Inc.
ShoreTel, Inc. (NASDAQ: SHOR) is the provider of brilliantly simple Unified Communication (UC) solutions based on its award-winning IP business phone system. We offer organizations of all sizes integrated, voice, video, data, and mobile communications on an open, distributed IP architecture that helps significantly reduce the complexity and costs typically associated with other solutions. The feature-rich ShoreTel UC system offers the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) and the highest customer satisfaction in the industry, in part because it is easy to deploy, manage, scale and use. Increasingly, companies around the world are finding a competitive edge by replacing business-as-usual with new thinking, and choosing ShoreTel to handle their integrated business communication. ShoreTel is based in Sunnyvale, California, and has regional offices in Austin, Texas, United Kingdom, Sydney, Australia and Munich, Germany. For more information, visit www.shoretel.com.